People don't hesitate to contact the exterminator when they find signs of termites. However, with wildlife, you want to know they are being safely relocated. In this article, we will help you determine how to choose a humane wildlife relocation company.
Why Do Animals Find Your Home Appealing?
You and your family love your home. It is a safe haven and refuge from the stresses of daily life. That comfort and warmth are exactly what attracts wildlife to enjoy your home as well. Animals are drawn to your house by:
- Its proximity to their natural habitat
- The fact that it is warm and dry
- The potential for finding their favorite snacks
- Accessibility through holes in walls, attic vents, crawl spaces, and other spaces
- Potentially an infestation of pests they eat
- The happiness your family exudes (maybe not this one, but you never know)
What Types of Animals Find Your Home Appealing?
- Birds: Birds are fascinating to watch outdoors, but they are a nuisance when they get inside. Diseases can be spread by them and their droppings. Fleas, mites, ticks, and lice are frequently carried by them.
- Squirrels: Unfortunately, squirrels can eat their way into attics to make nests in your home. They don’t just sleep at your home, they store their food, use the bathroom, and worst of all, they can gnaw through electrical wiring, posing a fire threat.
- Raccoons: They may appear cute, but on your property, they should be treated with caution. Raccoons, like many other wild animals, are prone to tick and flea infestations, can carry rabies, and generate feces that exacerbate respiratory difficulties.
- Skunks: Skunks can act in a similar way and cause similar issues as raccoons. They have many of the same traits and pose a similar threat to your family. They can transmit disease, spread fleas and ticks, and dig through your refuse for food.
- Opossums: Opossums can be found in crawl spaces, under porches, sheds, and attics, among other places on your property. They have been known to get into trash cans and even eat chickens and their eggs. They do eat ticks, so there might be some advantage to having them near your property, but they pose a danger to your family if they make your house their home.
- Bats: Bats are a natural insect repellent, but you still don't want them living in your attic. Their droppings can transmit fungal disease and attract other pests, and they can carry rabies and parasites that affect humans. However, there are very specific laws that regulate bat removal in the Carolinas and Virginia. You need to reach out to experts if you have a bat infestation.
- Snakes: Some snakes are good to us because they devour other pests, while others are not. Copperheads are threatening and dangerous, but black snakes can be helpful. If you have snakes on your property, you probably want them to be removed regardless of whether they are helpful or not.
What Is Humane Wildlife Relocation?
If there are wild animals living in or frequenting your home, they are subjecting your family and themselves to potential danger. Besides the inconvenience of waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds of skittering squirrels or finding that mice have been snacking on your pantry goods, indoor wildlife can wreak havoc inside your home.
They can chew wires, damage walls and rafters, leave behind stains and stenches from waste, and spread disease.
To make sure you and the animals are safe, you need them removed from your home. The key is finding a humane wildlife removal service. If you are dealing with wildlife in your home, our trained professionals can help. We have years of experience professionally and humanely removing and relocating animals.
To safely relocate wildlife, we work with the North Carolina Wildlife Commission to make sure these animals are given the best chance at being able to be rehabilitated and returned to the wild. There are many people and resources involved in every relocation project.
At Rid-A-Bug, we take our role in this process seriously. Our team is certified by the North Carolina Wildlife Commission, so you can trust us to make sure any wildlife on your property will be safely relocated in a humane manner.
Do you have a wildlife emergency at your home or office? Call Rid-A-Bug at 1-800-682-5901 for a quick response and effective wildlife management.