In this article, we are helping homeowners in the Carolinas and Virginia set their pest management budgets effectively.
How to Budget for Pest Control
1) Plan to address pest management.
If you have a home or business in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia, you will have to deal with pests at some point. It is a fact of life. Some of the pests that call our area home include:
- Spiders: There are four types of venomous spiders in our region. Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders are by far the most dangerous, living often in dark spaces such as basements and crawl spaces. False Black Widows and Yellow Sac Spiders can also cause harm to humans. There are countless species of spiders that are annoying even if they are not venomous.
- Ants: In parts of our area, fire ants pose a threat to people, small children, and pets. Carpenter ants can damage wood flooring and walls. Other ants are essentially harmless, though, no one wants to live with them.
- Termites: Termites can do significant damage to your home and should be exterminated immediately.
There are many other types of insects that you will deal with in your home and garden that can be potentially harmful. Mosquitoes and roaches carry disease. Aphids and beetles damage plants. At some point, you will have to invest money in extermination.
2) Budget with professional services in mind.
There are do-it-yourself chemicals and processes for dealing with pests, but a professional will be able to help you identify the reasons your home is attracting unwanted creepy-crawlies. Ultimately, investing in professional extermination services may save you money in the long run.
3) Plan to find the right professional.
There may be many people who perform extermination for-hire, but you want to find the kind of professional exterminator that is experienced and licensed. Our certifications include:
- Licensed, Certified and Registered staff – North Carolina Department of Agriculture
- WDIR Accredited Inspectors – North Carolina Pest Management Association
- Quality Pro Certified – National Pest Control Management Association
- NC Wildlife Damage Control Agent – NC Wildlife Commission
- TAP Insulation Certified Installer
Make sure you budget for professional extermination, so you can count on thorough insect management.
4) Make repairs to problems that attract bugs.
In many cases, your professional exterminator can help you identify issues that are attracting pests. Excess moisture and water damage is something that will bring the bugs to you. When you budget for pest management, make sure you include the potential for making the repairs necessary to deter insects from making themselves at home in your house.
If you need a professional pest management company, Rid-A-Bug Exterminating has 50 years of experience exterminating pesky insects in the Carolinas in Virginia. We will help you get the most out of you were pest management budget by providing the highest quality and timely service in the area. When you call Rid-A-Bug with a pest issue, we are able to get to you typically within 24 hours. Contact us for more information, or to start managing and exterminating those pests.