As you begin the process of purchasing your new home, you want to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting into. As you begin the purchase process of your new home, you want to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting.
Due to the humid climate, the structure of your home is vulnerable to damage from excess moisture, which attracts bugs such as wood-destroying insects. Along with other inspections, a Wood Destroying Insect Report (WDIR) can help you understand the exact condition of the home before you buy it.
What Is a WDIR?
A Wood Destroying Insect Report (WDIR) is a thorough inspection and an accompanying detailed report of findings done by a registered pest control company. Our WDIR inspectors will perform a thorough inspection of your home, looking for excess moisture or any insects such as termite, carpenter bees, or carpenter ants, among others that could be causing damage to the structure of the home.
The WDIR will give a detailed report of all our findings, including active and inactive infections, as well as any resulting damage.
What Is Included in a WDIR?
We have the expertise and the necessary tools to perform a proper, thorough inspection and provide you with a WDIR that can help you make the best decisions in your buying negotiations. Insects and conditions reported in WDIRs include:
- Termite Evidence (Active or Inactive): If proof of previous treatment is present or not
- Wood-Boring Beetles (Active or Inactive): Report powderpost beetles and/or old house borers
- Carpenter Ants
- Carpenter Bees (Active or Inactive)
- Conducive Conditions: Excessive moisture, wood debris on the ground in the crawl space, wood-to-ground contact, raised flower beds, siding less than 6 inches from the ground, etc.
What Is the Process of a WDIR?
- One of our highly trained, certified pest management professionals will arrive at your home and begin to complete an interior inspection as well as an inspection in the attic if readily accessible.
- Once the interior inspection is complete, our pest professional will complete a thorough inspection of all crawl space and garage areas, as well as an exterior walk-around inspection.
- Conduct a wall inspection, searching for subtle signs of wood-destroying insects.
- Upon completion of the inspection process, our pest professional will discuss findings and complete the WDIR-100 form as requested. If we determine that services are needed to satisfy lender requirements, we will provide an estimate for those services.
- Recommended services can include termite control, moisture control, wood-boring beetle control, and even pest control for some wood-destroying insects such as carpenter ants or carpenter bees.