They are not welcome guests in your home, and we can help you send them packing.
‘Tis The Season to Be on the Lookout for Holiday Pests
No one likes inspects, bugs, rodents, or arachnids. No one sends out invitations to those critters for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinners, yet they seem to show up unannounced. Just when you thought you were done with them, they are now threatening to spoil your holiday breaks.
Pests that like to come home for the holidays:
Some of the pests you might see at home during the holidays in the Carolinas and Virginia include:
- Ants: Even when the weather is cooler, ants will seek and find your crumby leftovers.
- Spiders: Spiders are actually more common during the fall.
- Ladybugs and Stink Bugs: These beetles can feel like they are your more frequent holiday guests.
- Bedbugs: Some of the most hated guests, bedbugs can ride in on your invited guests and stay well beyond their welcome.
- Rodents and Wildlife: Some wildlife will attempt to enter your home during the holidays to get a snack or find a warm place to sleep.
- Roaches: Nearly as hated as spiders, roaches are on everyone’s naughty list.
These are not the only pesty guests that can enter your home during the holidays. If your home is susceptible, all kinds of insects and wildlife may enter.
Venomous spiders for which to be on the lookout:
Most spiders in our area are just annoying and inconvenient. A few of them are venomous and can be dangerous. In a previous article, we reviewed the four venomous arachnids in the Carolinas and Virginia:
- Brown Recluses: These spiders are without a doubt the most dangerous spider in our area. They are quite reclusive, but if you find one of these, there could be more. You need to call us immediately.
- Black Widows: These spiders creep around in the dark and unfriendly areas in your home. They are quite dangerous and should be removed as soon as possible. They are distinguishable by their black color and red spot.
- False Black Widows: You probably don’t care whether it is a real or false black widow, if you see one of these, you want it gone. They are not as venomous as black widows, but they still pack a punch.
- Yellow Sac Spiders: While these spiders are the least venomous on this list, they are still something you do not want to hang around your home. You need these spiders exterminating as soon as possible.
How to Avoid Holiday Pests:
While you may not be able to eliminate their presence altogether, there are steps you can take to make your holiday season less inviting:
- Clean dishes and vacuum immediately after dinner
- Do not leave trash out
- Wash your guests’ bedding immediately after they depart
- Seal entry points for insects and rodents
- Do whatever you can to reduce the presence of excess moisture
- Call the exterminator
One of the best steps you can take to reduce the presence of pests is calling a trusted exterminator. Rid-A-Bug is here to help. Our experienced team wants to make sure your holiday guests are only the ones invited.
If you are home for the holidays, you do not want to be inviting insects and pests to dinner. You do want them out of your home and out of your hair. Rid-A-Bug Exterminating is here to help. We are a family owned and operated business that is also looking forward to celebrating the holidays with those we love. As we transition from the Thanksgiving season to Christmas, Rid-A-Bug Exterminating wants to make sure your holiday gatherings are pest-free. Contact us today to find out how we can help make sure you keep creepy crawling insects and rodents off of your guest list.