If you are new to the area or have been searching for a professional exterminator, we want to help you through the process in this article.
COMMON PESTS IN THE CAROLINAS AND VIRGINIA
There are several pests with which you have to contend in our region. Here are some of the most common and concerning insect infestations in our area:
Spiders are everywhere. There are thousands of species of spiders in our area. There are, however, only four types of venomous spiders:
- Brown Recluse Spiders: These are the most dangerous spiders in our area. A bite requires medical attention asap.
- Black Widow Spiders: These are the second most dangerous spiders in our area. Like brown recluses, if you are bitten by one of these, you need to seek medical attention.
- Yellow Sac Spiders: While not quite as dangerous as the other two, you still want to avoid these spiders.
- False Black Widow Spiders: While these spiders mimic the appearance of black widows, they are not quite as dangerous.
There are many types of ants in our area. Some will come marching one-by-one into your house. Others will hide while doing damage or lay in wait on your property to inflict harm on you or a loved one. Two types of ants that need immediate extermination include:
- Fire Ants: In the southern portions of our area, fire ant mounds are becoming more common. If you or a pet happen to disturb one of these mounds, fire ants will swarm, bit, and cause harm. You want to have these exterminated by a trusted professional as soon as possible.
- Carpenter Ants: Unlike carpenters who build things, these ants destroy wooden floors, walls, steps, and furniture. They might not be quite as destructive as termites, but they can cause trouble on your property.
There are many different types of termites, each with its own size and color. Despite having diverse traits, most termites have a similar appearance. Termites come in a variety of forms, including:
- Dampwood Termite
- Drywood Termite
- Formosan Termite
- Subterranean Termite
These pests devour cellulose, which is found in wood. Termites will eat your home's walls, furniture, and other wooden things. Sagging flooring, droopy ceilings, and contaminated timber that seems to be water-damaged are all examples of their devastation.
Piles of sawdust, mud tubes, and swarmer wings are all signs you have termites and need a professional exterminator you can trust.
The tourists of the pest world, bed bugs hitch a ride in your suitcase so they can infest your home. They will infest bedding and furniture, biting you and your family to survive.
Mosquitos are among the most hated pests in the Carolinas and Virginia. They breed in stagnant standing water, so if you have puddles or poor drainage areas on your property, your likelihood of being bitten by mosquitos is heightened.
While they are annoying, they can also be dangerous, carrying and spreading diseases.
Some of the other pests you will find here in our area include, but are not limited to:
- Stink Bugs
- Wood-Destroying Insects and Beetles
- House Flies and Fruit Flies
- Silverfish, Centipedes, Millipedes
- Dust mites
- So many more
If you have any of these pests, you need an exterminator you can trust.
WILDLIFE IN THE CAROLINAS AND VIRGINIA
We love living in a place with an abundance of wildlife, as long as those critters don’t end up in your home. Some of the unwanted furry or slimy houseguests you might encounter include:
There are many species of snakes in our area. Copperheads and Rattlesnakes are among the most common venomous snakes you might find on your property. Black snakes help control rodent populations but are not the type of animal you want to find in your home.
If you hear the sound of scurrying in your attic, you might have a family of squirrels making a home under your roof. Squirrels can eat electrical cords and cause damage to your home.
Mice and Rats
We have several types of mice and rats in the Carolinas and Virginia. They can hide in your home, eat your food, damage your walls, and spread diseases.
Opossums and Raccoons
Opossums are the lone marsupial in our region. Raccoons are closely related to bears. While they are certainly interesting creatures, you don’t want them hanging out in or around your home.
It is not uncommon to have bats living in your attic or chimney. If you do have them, it is vital to contact a professional before attempting to move them. There are laws in the Carolinas and Virginia that regulate how bats are removed from residences.
Whether you have pests or wildlife, you want to ensure they are exterminated or removed by a professional. Animals should be relocated humanely and pests thoroughly eradicated. Here’s how to choose the right pest exterminator or wildlife removal company.
TIPS FOR FINDING AND CHOOSING THE RIGHT PROFESSIONAL EXTERMINATOR
Whether you have recently moved to the area or have been in the Carolinas and Virginia for generations, you know the importance of finding a quality, professional exterminator. Here are some tips for choosing the right company for your pest extermination:
- Shop Local: Shopping local helps support the economy of your friends and neighbors. It also benefits you to hire someone who knows what makes the area unique. Rid-A-Bug is a family-owned and operated company in the Carolinas and Virginia.
- Ask Your Neighbors: Before going to Google for your search, ask your friends and neighbors who they recommend for pest extermination.
- Reviews: Check Google for more than just the names of companies. Find reviews of the pest exterminators you are considering. Make sure you read why the reviews were posted and try to find some sort of average between the favorable and unfavorable comments.
- Licenses and Experience: Your local exterminator should have experience and expertise. State and local licenses help prove that an exterminator knows what they are doing.
- Affordability and Efficiency: Cost is not the only factor. If your exterminator is able to correct the root of what is attracting pests to your home, it could save you money in the long run.
With this advice in mind, here is what you need to know about Rid-A-Bug Exterminating.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT WILDLIFE RELOCATION COMPANY
If you have wild animals living in or around your house, they are putting your family and themselves in danger. Indoor wildlife may cause havoc inside your home, in addition to the annoyance of waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds of skittering squirrels or discovering that mice have been eating on your pantry goods.
Wires can be chewed, walls and rafters can be damaged, waste stains and odors can be left behind, and disease can be spread.
To safely relocate wildlife, we work with the North Carolina Wildlife Commission to make sure these animals are given the best chance at being able to be rehabilitated and returned to the wild. There are many people and resources involved in every relocation project.
At Rid-A-Bug, we take our role in this process seriously. Our team is certified by the North Carolina Wildlife Commission, so you can trust us to make sure any wildlife on your property will be safely relocated in a humane manner.
RID-A-BUG EXTERMINATING IS YOUR ANSWER FOR PROFESSIONAL EXTERMINATING OR WILDLIFE RELOCATION IN THE CAROLINAS AND VIRGINIA
Rid-A-Bug Exterminating, Inc. has been family-owned and operated since its establishment in 1972. For five decades, we have provided the highest quality exterminating to the area while maintaining excellent customer service.
Rid-A-Bug Exterminating offers fast, dependable, and effective pest management. Our experienced technicians can respond when you need us most and deliver solutions to take care of your pest problem. In addition to years of experience, we have a host of key certifications, including:
- Licensed, Certified and Registered staff – North Carolina Department of Agriculture
- WDIR Accredited Inspectors – North Carolina Pest Management Association
- Quality Pro Certified – National Pest Control Management Association
- NC Wildlife Damage Control Agent – NC Wildlife Commission
- TAP Insulation Certified Installer
What this means for you is that Rid-A-Bug is a local pest control and management company you can trust. Our team is ready to respond quickly, typically within 24-hours, with all the experience and expertise to exterminate your pests. At the same time, we value community and treat our Carolina and Virginia neighbors like family.
Pests and rodents can be a problem all year long. If you have a pest problem, you need to call the expert team at Rid-A-Bug Exterminating. We are your trusted exterminators in the Carolinas and Virginia, serving the piedmont, foothills, the Triad, and down to the Charlotte area.
We respond quickly, typically within 24-hours, to make sure your home is bug and rodent-free as soon as possible. Contact us at the first sign of an insect problem. We are here and ready to help.